You’ve probably heard it before, but it’s true: The number one reason why people fail to find lasting love is because they don’t know what they want. They don’t know how to attract the right kind of person into their lives.
So how do you go about finding out? Here are some tips that will help you figure out what you really want in a partner and how to get it.
1. Write down all the qualities you would like in your ideal mate. You might want someone who’s intelligent, funny, or adventurous. If you’re looking for a relationship, you may also want someone with whom you can share your interests and values.
2. Now think about the qualities you’d like in yourself. For example, if you’re looking for a relationship you may want to find someone who’s stable, responsible, and financially secure. If you’re looking for an adventure, you may want to find someone with a sense of humor.
3. Make a list of the things you like in others. For example, if you want to be in a relationship, you may want to find a partner who has a great sense of humor. Or, if you’re looking for an adventure you may want to find someone adventurous.
4. Now write down the things you don’t like in others. For example if you’re looking for a long term relationship, you may want to avoid people who are irresponsible or have no sense of humor.
5. Take each list and create a matrix. In other words, make two columns on your paper, one for the positive qualities and one for the negative qualities. Then make another column for the things you like in others and another column for the things you don’t like.
6. Now take each column and add up the numbers. This will give you a total for each column. These totals will tell you how important the quality is to you.
7. Next, take the totals from the positive column and subtract them from the totals from the negative column. This will tell you which qualities you most want in a partner.
8. Take these qualities and write them down on a separate piece of paper. This is your ideal mate.
9. Now take your lists of likes and dislikes and compare them. Which ones are most important to you? Which ones are least important? Which ones are similar? Which ones are different? Which ones are most different?
10. Finally, think about how you can bring together the qualities that you like in others and the qualities that you want in a partner. For example, if you like a sense of humor and you want a partner with a sense of humor, you could meet someone who has a sense of humor and is funny. Or, if you want a partner with a great sense of humor, you could look for someone with a great sense of humor.